Services and classes offered are evidence-backed, bias-free, and delivered by seasoned experts. We foster spaces for genuine connection through support groups and family fun events, and provide warm, thoughtful referrals to our community partners — including mental health services and integrative health providers — housed both within our building and in the broader community.
Vision: Nurtured, resilient children and parents who have the information, guidance, and support they need to become happy, thriving families with strong community connections.
Mission: Working to ease the transition into parenthood and build the foundation for connected, resilient families in pregnancy, infancy, and early parenthood.
We work to fulfill this mission by…
Helping guide new and expecting parents as they navigate the learning curve of pregnancy and early parenthood with their growing family. We provide:
- Evidence-based or informed perinatal health education, psychosocial education and support groups.
- Board-certified lactation consulting from the earliest days through early childhood, with a special focus in complex cases and guidance through each major stage of development.
- Additionally, we have a subspecialties focusing on intersection of family sleep & lactation and emotional wellness & lactation.
- Comprehensive family-focused sleep support that encourages parents to approach infant and family sleep from a responsive, nurturing manner with understanding of child development and how to promote their own sleep and reduce fatigue.
- Infant and parent classes curated to help parents to play and connect with their infants and toddlers, while learning about their development and positive parenting skills.
- Community connections for new parents, aimed at combating the isolation and self-doubt that many new parents feel.
- Onsite childcare during selected program services, referrals with local childcare providers, and collaborative childcare provider training + parent education to help childcare providers and partners to work in trusting collaboration with each other.
We have collaborative relationships with onsite therapists who provide perinatal mental health services and couples counseling and both onsite + working relationships with other community-based wellness and fitness providers. We work collaboratively with the larger Santa Barbara community to help families have thoughtful referrals to the resources they need.
In addition to our direct service for families,we are also dedicated to giving back to our professional community by contributing to the development of the next generation of care providers through service learning and social support for the multi-disciplinary professionals who serve our clientele.
We approach our work through a Health Equity and trauma sensitive lens. We’re deeply influenced by the impactful set of knowledge and research around Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), and we take both solace and inspiration in the fact that ACEs can be prevented or protected against through a multi-faceted and collaborative community-wide approach. We are delighted to know that our area of focus in “the first thousand days” and fostering positive childhood experiences can offer meaningful contributions to helping families build that protective “scaffolding” from connected, responsive parenting that is associated with building resiliency.