In every deliberation, we must consider the impact on the seventh generation…
At Then Comes Baby New Family Resource we are mindful that our actions can have impacts — big and small — on our environment and community. We act with our families and yours in mind, following the “7th generation” principle: in every decision, we must consider how it will affect our children, their children, and the generation two centuries from now. That’s why being “Green” is a top priority.
As a brick-and-mortar Community Center, our family ressource center is naturally a moderate consumer of environmental resources. So our sustainability efforts include:
- Using local or California-produced products (when fitting) — supporting great local businesses and reducing shipment travel and CO2 footprint
- HR practices — telecommuting when work can be done off-site to save gas and reduce clogging the roads
- Practicing e-business as much as possible to minimize paper and ink usage (and all of the travel and production impact associated with it)
- Purchase paper goods with high levels of post-consumer waste used
- Low energy appliances
- Using less toxic and only biodegradable cleaning products
- Using only natural ingredients in our massage lotions or oils
- Painted with Low VOC paints — so we can all breathe easier
- Recycling & composting
- Reducing the usage of disposable cups — and avoiding the use of plastic cups
- Buying only recycled-content paper (and minimizing the use of paper overall).
- Copying double-sided printed class materials
- Using efficient lighting systems
If you have any suggestions of some other “low-hanging” fruit that will help us create a lighter footprint, we would love to hear it. Just visit our Contact page and write “Green Living” in the subject line.