We believe that all caregivers should have access to the services, support, and evidence-based information they need to make informed-decisions and build thriving families. Cost should never stand in the way.
Our Access & Equity Fund covers the gap between what families can afford to pay for services and actual costs. This program is available for pregnant and postpartum caregivers whose household income falls below 120 percent of the Santa Barbara County Adjusted Median Income (AMI) range (see our FAQs below). We will also work with you to make sure you’re aware of all options for care in the community, in case a thoughtful referral is the best fit for you.
The Access & Equity Fund provides access to the same great services you know and love in order to share vital information, reduce postpartum depression and mood disorders in our community (the #1 ‘complication’ to childbirth). This supports the long-term health of local parents and babies by providing compassionate care and education in a genuine community. Specific services currently include: childbirth and breastfeeding education, clinical breastfeeding care (lactation consultations), and support groups.
Are you a expectant or new parent who would like to learn more about accessing subsidized services?
Please fill out this form, let us know what services you need support with, and we will be in touch with you.
We won’t be able to do this without continued community support! Every penny helps — small donations (and big) add up! If you would like to support the cause, you can do so here.
Then Comes Baby strongly believes in protecting the access of all new and expecting families to the information and guidance needed to navigate the learning curve of pregnancy and early parenthood. The Then Comes Baby Access & Equity Fund covers the gap between what families can afford to pay for services and actual costs.
We are happy to meet you where you are as best we can. We offer: 1) work exchange for credit toward classes, services, or groups, 2) payment plans if you can fund the entirety of the cost but just need a little time to do so, 3) shared costs for limited classes, services, and groups. Get in touch and let’s see what we can work out!
Because TCB Funds are limited, we have put a few parameters in place to make sure we are stretching out support as far as possible:
- Less than 100% of the Adjusted Med Income (AMI)
- TCB pays 50% of typical cost, you pay 50% of typical cost
- 100-120% AMI
- TCB pays 25% of typical cost, you pay 75% of typical cost
At this time, TCB is happy to provide support for participation in:
- Core Perinatal Classes and Play Groups (Childbirth Preparation series, Living on Baby Time, BellyBabies/ TummyTimeMethod class, Babies @ Play)
- Lactation Consultation (2 visits)
- Core Support Groups (Navigating your Newborn Life, Beyond the Beginning, Doing it Again, This is Harder Than I Thought)
As our Access & Equity Fund grows and our reach expands, we aim to grow into offering support for our additional classes and mental health services.
We are happy to meet you where you are as best we can. We offer:
- work exchange for credit toward classes, services, or groups;
- payment plans if you can fund the entirety of the cost but just need a little time to do so;
- We leave a limited amount of reduced fee spots available;
- We have wonderful working relationships with many organizations in town. If we have a trusted place that we can suggest as an alternative place that can help you meet some or all of your needs, we’ll help you explore that.
Nope! We are happy to support our community as much as we are able to. No one in class or group will know, or need to know, that your participation was supported by the Fund.
Approximately 90-95% of your financial contribution to the Access & Equity Fund directly supports a family in need of services and supports. (We have to pay merchant processing fees and other basic fees to run the program). This means that if you donate $100, $90-$95 will be used to support families requesting financial support to access our mission-based services.