There are so many questions, choices, and sometimes big emotions to navigate in the early months of parenthood. This is an opportunity to chat openly about the ups and downs, joys, and challenges of adjusting to life, surrounded by other first-time parents (and a facilitator) who not only gets it, but likely lived much of it, too.
While each week is tailored to the needs that pop up in the group, common topics that are discussed include:
- Infant sleep, infant feeding, and infant development
- Your relationship with your partner, your postpartum body, and sexuality
- Sorting through the culture of parenting and all the advice that comes pouring in
- Exploring what the equilibrium between work, life, and parenthood looks like for you
- Returning to work outside the home: finding a childcare provider and making decisions around this transition
- Your identity as a woman, mother, partner, daughter and friend: how things grow, how things change, and what to do as you process all of it.
- Sharing practical information about things like baby gear, local resources for parents, and babies, and other baby-related things.
In addition to the weekly facilitated group, there is a weekly group meetup to get out, get some fresh air or lunch, and get your sea-legs with getting out of the house with your baby.
If you need to miss one group, that is quite common (sometimes even two), but if you need to miss any more than that we recommend that you look to the next group to see if that’s a better fit for you.
Navigating your New(born) Life:
First-Time Moms/ Birthing Parent Group
Early Bird Special: Save $25.00 if you register 3 weeks in advance!
Early Bird Coupon Code: COMMUNITY
All groups meet Mondays 10:30am – 12:30pm (unless noted)
- January 23rd – March 6th (skip 02/20, makeup 03/13)
- March 20th – April 24th (makeup 05/01)
- Save a Spot
Note: Participants receive 10% discounts on these classes:
Meet Your Facilitator
You Might Also Like:
Intro to Baby Signs
Belly Babies: TummyTime! Method