Breastfeeding “Latch” Clinic
Mondays, 1:00 – 2:15pm:
- Starting January 10th, 2022
Please contact us about subsidized services or contributing toward the support of a fellow community member.
Pre-screening/ Registration required; registration closes each Monday at 10:30am.
Contact Us To Be Pre-Screened
- Trying breastfeeding positions and latch techniques that may be new to you
- Holding and handling your baby if it feels awkward
- Getting guidance with hand expression or engorgement care
- Getting your pressing breastfeeding questions answered by a Board Certified Lactation Consultant (breast pumping and bottle feeding questions are common here)
- Weighing your baby with an accurate medical-grade scale and/or do pre-post feeding weights.
You’ll be learning in a small group setting (in a cozy private home-like space with a closing door) by hearing and observing other moms and babies while they receive support. Note that others may be observing you feed your baby or listening as the IBCLC shares techniques and considerations.
Note: You may be referred to an IBCLC for a full consultation, if appropriate. $10 of your Clinic fee can be credited to your lactation consultation at Then Comes Baby.
Call the day of the clinic and if there is a cancellation you can come on in, or schedule an appointment.